Monday, July 26, 2010

Detox

I have decided to do a 10 day detox. I just feel tried and sluggish all the time and I am hoping that this will help! It’s basically the “Fast Track Detox” except that I am only doing it for 10 days instead of 11 (was supposed to start it yesterday but woke up with a terrible headache and needed my coffee). It’s basically going to be 6 days of tons of fruit, veggies, lean protein and water water water. Then it’s 1 day of pure cranberry juice followed by 3 more days that are the same as the first 6 days except I will also be eating plain yogurt with probiotics (I am using Kefir). I hope that at the end of the 10 days I will be reenergized & cleaned out, hopefully lost a few pounds and be ready to get back on with a healthy vegan lifestyle.

Day 1 Menu

BREAKFAST
1 Apple, 1 Orange, 2 sugar plums (I am eating these about 1 fruit every hour)
2 cups water
1 cup Yogi Detox Tea
Psyllium Husks

LUNCH
1 baby head of red leaf lettuce
6 mini sweet peppers
¼ c cilantro
¼ cup fresh Vidalia onion salsa
1 hardboiled organic egg
2 tbsp homemade vinaigrette (olive oil, lime juice, S&P, Minced Garlic)

DINNER
1 large piece of wild caught sockeye salmon
2 cups roasted Brussels sprouts with olive oil, garlic, S&P
Psyllium Husks

SNACK
Kale Chips

I will update each day with my menu, weight loss and any signs that I have that the detox is actually working!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment